Ogun State Board of Internal Revenue is established by the Ogun State Board of Internal Revenue Law which also creates an operational arm of the Board known as Ogun State Internal Revenue Service.
Ogun State Board of Internal Revenue Law gives the Board of Internal Revenue the powers to perform the following functions:
- Providing general policy guidelines regarding the functions of the Internal Revenue Service and supervising the implementation of such policies.
- Ensuring the effective and optimum collection of all revenue, including levies and penalties due to the State Government under the relevant Federal and State Laws.
- Doing all such things that may be deemed necessary and expedient for the assessment and collection of revenue.
- Accounting for all amounts so collected in a manner to be prescribed by the Governor.
- Making recommendations, where appropriate, to the Joint Tax Board on tax policy, tax reform, tax registration, tax treaties and exemptions as may be required from time to time.
- Such other things as are in the opinion of the Board necessary to ensure the efficient performance of the functions of the Internal Revenue Service under the Law establishing it.
What Clients Say About Us